Last updated: June 2, 2021
ShareThing, Inc. (“Company” or ”We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, visit, or use the Services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information that:
- We collect on the Services.
- We collect in email and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile applications you download from the Services which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other mobile applications, services, products, or websites you may access through the Services.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before
providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Services or through any of its features, register on the Services, make a contribution or donation to the Services, or sign up for any offerings through the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address or location. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, location, or by any other information the Services collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but does not identify you, including the city in which you live and interaction with the Services.
- About the items and services you are requesting or offering.
- About your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
- From third party service providers (including social media platforms such as Facebook) if you choose to log in or integrate the Services with your-third party accounts.
- From other users of the Services.
Information You Provide to Use
The information we collect on or through the Services may include:
- Information that you provide when you register with the Services.
- Information that you provide by registering using social media account details, such as your Facebook account. If you choose to register this way, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider, such as your username, profile picture, biographical information, and information about your actions (such as likes and comments) or relationships (such as follows and contacts).
- Information that you provide when you make a post, including when you request an item or service or offer an item or service via the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of your transactions you carry out through our Services, including when you make a contribution to the Company via the Tip Jar.
- Your search queries on the Services.
- Information when you report a problem with the Services.
- Information contained in your User Contributions. Please note User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to your user profile page and certain pages to other registered users, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you download, access, navigate through or interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, logs, traffic data, location data, log data, search queries, consumption metrics, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Information about your mobile device, computer, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, your device’s unique device identifier, application identifiers, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number. We may also request access to certain features from your mobile device, including your bluetooth, calendar, contacts, microphone, sensors, sms messages, social media accounts, and other features.
- Information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests or speed up your searches.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
If you are using the App, you may be able to limit our access to your device in the device’s settings. If you do not want us to collect information that you are not able to limit in the device’s settings, delete the App from your device AND do not access THE Services.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The ability to integrate the Services with a third party account, such as Facebook or other social media platforms or to access third-party service providers and websites via links on the Services is provided as a convenience to you; we do not operate, control or endorse any third party. It is your choice whether to utilize or access these links and integrations or not. These external websites, applications, platforms, and products are subject to their own privacy policies. If you choose to sync the Services with a third party account, then you give your permission for any personal and other information on the Services to be shared with the third party service provider. You can withdraw your permission at any time, but if you do, you may no longer be able to access some of the Services.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To allow you to sign up for our waitlist.
- To display your user profile to other registered users.
- To allow you to post an items or service you are in search of.
- To select which specific community you should join based off of your location.
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in the Services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or other users.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including processing your contributions to the Tip Jar.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please unsubscribe by emailing us at [email protected]
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To help recognize your devices to enable our advertising partners and affiliates to deliver advertisements to you on and off of the Services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShareThing, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing us at [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at [email protected]
to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services, including in your User Contributions. The information you share in public areas, including full names, general location, posts, comments and profile information may be viewed by any registered user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.