Updated: June 2, 2021
Accessing the Services and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service, product or material we provide on the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire Services, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
If you choose, or are provided with a username, email, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your username, email, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username, email or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Your relationship with any other user via or outside the Services is strictly with that user. We do not own, control, provide or offer the services or products provided or offered by users. We are not acting as an agent in any capacity for any user and do not endorse or recommend any user. We are not involved in users’ communications, services, products or any other activities or communications and we have no obligation to monitor any communications or products. You should exercise a high level of care and caution in your communications and interactions with any user you choose to interact with. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and third party agreements that are applicable to the services or products you offer.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and its entire contents, products, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Services other than that set out in this section, please address your request to [email protected]
The Company name, the Company logo, URL, and all related names, logos, products and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- To charge users a fee for any good, product, service, or communication or otherwise accept any form of payment for the services, goods or products you offer.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Services, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
The Services may contain message boards, chat features, personal web pages or profiles, forums, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users (hereinafter, “post”) content (including information (such as photos, descriptions, and other deals) related to the items users offer via the Services) or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- You assume full responsibility for your posts, the items and services offered by you, and the accuracy and content of the posts. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have necessary rights to the items you offer on or through the Services, all content you provide to the Services, and that your User Contributions or transactions conducted on or in connection with the Services do not and will not infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions, posts and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Include any false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity.
- Include false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You use this app and participate in BuyNothing at your own risk. To assist your participation, we prohibit the following items being given, requested, or shared via this app:
• Cannabis and any product containing THC
• CBD products derived from cannabis
• Any other controlled substances
• Drug paraphernalia
• Recalled items
• Expired car seats
• Endangered Species products, parts, or live
• Prescription Medications and Medical Devices
• Any and all other items that are illegal wherever you use this app
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contribution for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Services, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by us or any third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Written Notification. We have adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information (to be effective, the notification must be in writing and provided to our Copyright Agent):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
DMCA Agent. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached via email at [email protected]
, by phone at, or via regular mail at the following address: 901 N Glebe Rd Ste 1100, Arlington, VA 22203, Attention: Jeff Goehring.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Payments and Tip Jar Contributions
Users have the option to make a contribution to us via the Tip Jar (“Tip Jar”). By making a contribution to us, you agree that you are making an irrevocable gift and will receive no benefit for the contribution. Users have the option to contribute to us via a custom amount or a suggested amount. Except as set forth below, once the contribution is processed, we will be legally entitled to the full amount of the contribution and you have no entitlement to the return of a contribution in any circumstances. We reserve the right to refuse and return any contribution in our absolute discretion, including without limitation where we believe that accepting the contribution would conflict with the our values or interests. Any refused contributions shall be repaid into the account from which the contribution was made. Unless required by applicable law, all contributions are non-refundable.
We accept most major credit cards for contributions to the Tip Jar. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay the total purchase price at the time your contribution is accepted.
To access the Services through your phone or any other device, your device must satisfy certain system requirements. These requirements can be found on our Website.
Changes to the Services
We may update the content on the Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Services
Third Party Accounts; Social Media Features
If you register via or otherwise integrate your account with a third party account (including your social media accounts (such as Facebook), you authorize us to access and use certain third-party account information that is made available to us. By linking the Services with a third party account, you give us permission to show your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or relationships (such as follows) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you follow or engage with that are displayed on the Services, without any compensation to you.
We may disable all or any third party account and social media features at any time without notice in our discretion. If your third-party account or associated service becomes unavailable or if our access to such account is terminated by the third party service provider or otherwise, then your access to the Services may be terminated. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
Links from the Services
If the Services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Services.
Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and the Services are not intended to be accessed in any jurisdiction or by any person that would be contrary to any applicable law or regulation. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SERVICES LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR OUTSIDE THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR OUTSIDE THE SERVICE SARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF OUR SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO BACKGROUND CHECK ANY USER, NOR ARE WE UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR POSTS, COMMUNICATIONS, OR ACTIVITIES OF ANY USER. WE ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MONITOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED ON THE SERVICES. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR READING ANY USER CONTRIBUTION BEFORE INTERACTING WITH THAT USER. IF YOU CHOOSE TO INTERACT WITH A USER, INCLUDING BY SHARING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE A HIGH LEVEL OF CAUTION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY THE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, EFFICIENCY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, SAFETYINESS, OR QUALITY OF ANY GOODS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR COMMUNICATIONS OFFERED ON OUR OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, ANY SERVICES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration
- YOU AND THE COMPANY ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
- ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SERVICES, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION LOCATED IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK USA.
- The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect. (The AAA Rules are available at https://www.adr.org/sites/default/files/Consumer_Rules_Web_1.pdf or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this section.
- The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable, or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER USERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
If for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the claim shall be resolved exclusively in the state and federal courts located in New York County, New York, and the parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such courts.
Exceptions to Arbitration
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to [email protected]